ZCar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Owner of 1978 Datsun 280Z L28-6 Need a engine. My box is bad. Live in State of SC.

Also, owner of 1972 Datsun 240z, which has a good engine but they told me that I cannot use this engine in the 1978 289z is this true?

Because I want to part out the 1972 Datsun 240z, which the interior is in good shape, the seats are black leather,
plus I have brand new carpeting which is still in the box. Nice non cracked dashboard etc.

Appreciate feed back.

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
1983 280ZX Turbo
1,709 Posts
What is a "Box," and what is wrong with it?

I don't believe that leather seats were a factory option on the 1972 Z-car. Are these seats re-upholstered, or from an other vehicle?

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Where in SC do you live? I may be able to direct you to some resources.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is a "Box," and what is wrong with it?

I don't believe that leather seats were a factory option on the 1972 Z-car. Are these seats re-upholstered, or from an other vehicle?
Really nice factory leather seats. The new carpet is still in the box for the flooring!

·
Registered
2,459 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1983 280ZX Turbo
1,709 Posts
Really nice factory leather seats. The new carpet is still in the box for the flooring!
That threw me for a minute. Earlier in your first post, you said "I need an engine - the box is bad." That was the box I was referring to. I can't figure that one out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts