ZCar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I have a 71 240z I bought a couple of years a ago and just getting around to working on it. I have alot of questions and need alot of advice about the e31 head on a l28 block, rebuilding the mikuni tripple carbs, fitting an aftermarket radio, and so on. Excitied to be part of the group!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi everyone! I have a 71 240z I bought a couple of years a ago and just getting around to working on it. I have alot of questions and need alot of advice about the e31 head on a l28 block, rebuilding the mikuni tripple carbs, fitting an aftermarket radio, and so on. Excitied to be part of the group!
Hello there,

you are definiately not alone with that iconic car,telling you this from Germany where ist harder and more timeinvolved getting parts than in thre US !!!!!!!
is it a series one? Mine is from 12/70 and surely it is !#

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Jo, you never really hear about the z cars being popular let alone around in germany. How do I tell if its a series 1? it has the two chrome vent peices on the trunk lid. its a wild strange story how i ended up with this car but the gentlemen selling it told me it was a 72 so either im wrong or he was.

·
Registered
8 Posts
there can be so many mixed parts over the years…….
i do have seen series 2 models with the Chrome vents on the trunk….thats because your car was in an accident for example and the owner just had the rear hatch of an early series car.Because a 72 S30 dont have factory mounted vents on the rear hatch.Does it have the arched rear glass in the trunk)rear hatch)?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure. Let me see
there can be so many mixed parts over the years…….
i do have seen series 2 models with the Chrome vents on the trunk….thats because your car was in an accident for example and the owner just had the rear hatch of an early series car.Because a 72 S30 dont have factory mounted vents on the rear hatch.Does it have the arched rear glass in the trunk)rear hatch)?
I cant tell from the pics on my phone but it does have the 240z emblem instead of the z badge on the c-pillar

1 - 6 of 6 Posts