ZCar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Zcar group! Have heard great things about the group from a friend, just chanced into a 1980 280ZX that will be a long term project so here I am! Almost finished with our 1988 Supra Turbo, we just have to install the rebuilt turbo and a new intercooler and she should be ready. Also playing with a 1980 Toyota 4x4 pickup. Biggest issue there is the rusted out floorboards so time to break the welder out. Last, we have a 1975 Fiat X1/9 down in San Diego area. Got pretty far with it and then ran into carb issues so trying to find parts to rebuild the dual webber float system. It has taken a back seat and is stored at my dads place.

I am getting this car from the auto shop teacher at our local high school, he wants it gone and he's asking $1000 so couldn't pass it up. I have not seen it, the photos were sent today by my wife so not much known about the car, the owner did state that rust was very minor so that's good to hear! I do know the gas tank leaks so am contemplating purchasing a reconditioned one or having the current one repaired. Interior looks pretty rough, again all in time. My wife enjoys working on these projects with me so it's always quality time.

Again I am excited to be here and look forward to many great conversations!
Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood
Motor vehicle Boat Vehicle Steering part Sky
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Sky Automotive lighting

Cheers,
Chump

·
Administrator
1983 280ZX Turbo
2,341 Posts
Man, that does look thoroughly sunbaked. The good news is that doesn't hurt the mechanicals. The bad news is that you'll need almost an entire new interior. It does look like there are some spots of body rust.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
It's pretty much a complete car, and very doable. But it will need some work for sure. And Pilgrim's right about the interior.... good thing is you can get some decent interior parts if you look hard enough. Hit the salvage yards first thing.

Bon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To Pilgrim and Bon...Thank you for the input, a few good salvage yards up here as I have been all over them for my 80' Toyota pickup which is very hard to find things for! Yes body rust, the seller said the frame and under is clean, will see! Been sitting for five years, started and ran then so fingers crossed! Won't get eyes on until June sometime as I am away from home.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts