ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on purchasing some new posi's if I can get a few people interested. I will need to know what size bolts you have on your ring and pinion. E-mail me if you are interested.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
> I'm planning on purchasing some new posi's
> if I can get a few people interested. I will
> need to know what size bolts you have on
> your ring and pinion. E-mail me if you are
> interested.
> Thanks,
> Mike

What price range will these units be, I might be interested.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Don't want to sound to stupid but i guess i already have but what are new limited r200's?
what are they and what are they used for
Confused
Yuichi

·
Registered
290 Posts
Can you be more specific on what these are? I've found a 4.11 R200 rear-end but it is not Limited Slip (Posi is just another manufacturer's name for LSD). It sounds like some sort of add-on to the existing gearing in the pumpkin. New, Rebuilt, ?

> interested.
> Thanks,
> Mike

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm interested. Can you give me details.
Thanks,
Rick

> interested.
> Thanks,
> Mike

·
Registered
324 Posts
The R200 is the bigger differential found in 280z's and up. We all would like a line oin affordable limited slips (posi would hop the tires in a tight turn more than limited slip). The obvious advantage is that both wheels would be driven during off the line accelerations, thus leaving two skid marks. I know a guy who modified a 300zxtt r200lsd to fit his '70 240z (but with a blown 350 v8, he needed it.)
When I get ready to upgrade my r180 (stock for the 240z), I would like a r200lsd, but would like a 3.36 or there about for sustained high speed running, and let the torque of the built 3.0l l28 motor take care of the acceleration. It's all a matter of driving taste. I like to keep the revs down at speed, but others like the 4.11. Picture a 10 speed bike- the rear end ratio is like the back sprocket. It would tale a lot of strength to start up a hill from a stop in 10th gear! The lower the number of the gear ratio, the lower the engine rpm's, for a given speed.
Hope this was helpful, and not too childish. Happy motoring!

-Gary-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.