ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i did the digital to analog swap in my 84 n/a awhile back...well i bought a new dash out of an 86 and the guy gave me the guages w/ it (white face as opposed to the orange gay ones i have now)...well the new guages don't have a place for a speedo cable...does it run of of the speed sensor under the hood? why isnt there a place for a speedo cable on these guages? whats the deal?
_James_

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so bum, will everything plug up okay and work?
_James_

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there's got to be SOME way i can get them to work b/c I am not putting my new dash on with those gay orange guages in it...i'd rather use the nicer guages that came w/ the dash. it can be done. how?
_James_

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
you do know they glow red at night anyway though right?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont mind at all it will match my dash that way....come on ANYTHING but that orange fecal matter that i was forced to put in my dash in the first place....hey, they came w/ the new dash and i have all wiring and center console guages....i dont mind the glow at all i think it'll be so much of an improvement

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so how can i make it work? what do i need to do?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so let me make sure this is clear....I can't use the wiring that came w/ the guages?

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
hey scooter, click on my link below, ther are 100 picture, look about half way down and you'll see what've done.

<http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=6354486&uid=1353268>

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
it might work, but you'll have to add a few things. Most importantly being the wiring for the speedometer.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i mean i still have the speed sensor under the hood from when i did the digi to analog conversion

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
also the trip meters are screwed up on my old cluster....thats why i can't just slap on one of those reverse glow faceplates...what wiring do i need to replace or install? i've got the new cluster here and i want to put it in my car....
how can i get from here (gay lookin crappy speedo) to there (nicer less gay speedo)? and dont say "replace all wiring, etc, etc" red..im serious and i want to get this done within the next few days....i still have the speed sensor and the new guages came w/ all the in-dash wiring
_James_

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.