ZCar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a problem with two brand new fuel pumps not building pressure, one is an msd the other is an airtex. My problems are that with one end plugged with a fuel pressure gauge the other funneling fuel down they both only build 20 ish psi of pressure. They both should max out at 90 ish psi. I have also had both pumps on the car and they do the same thing, build 20 psi of pressure. Am i missing something? Car is also a 78 280z.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Possible to get the + & - connectors backwards? And cause the pump to run backwards, which will move gas with rotor movement but not at proper path/pressure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think i figured out my issue... i believe i have air in my fuel lines that isnt causing the pump to build pressure. I tested out again the plugging of one side of the pump and it then spiked to 70 psi in a split second. Next i will try and bleed the fuel system on the car and go from there.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I think i figured out my issue... i believe i have air in my fuel lines that isnt causing the pump to build pressure. I tested out again the plugging of one side of the pump and it then spiked to 70 psi in a split second. Next i will try and bleed the fuel system on the car and go from there.
Fuel lines do not need to be bled - i dont think thats a thing. Air in your fuel lines is not a problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts