ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In need of new engine for the 86zx turbo, mine literally melted. I boosted the the car off with my 86 n/a to charge the battery. I started the car and went back into my house-I started dinner and one hour later my girlfriend arrives at my house. She ask, "Why is the turbo Z smoking babe"? WTF!!! I rush out of the house and smoke is all over the freakin place, the distributor is on fire and the vacuum hoses are melting-it was REAL BAD. I put the flames out and was SOOOO pissed at myself for forgetting about the **** car to cook dinner. I think the clutch fan went bad or the thermostat got stuck and the car just continued to run-antifreeze was all over the hood, the engine and the drive way. I spoke to the mechanic this morning and ask if he could rebuild the engine the guy flat out said REPLACE IT! "If it got hot enough to bubble the paint on the hood, you need to replace the engine" he says. Soooooooo fella I need a new Turbo engine. ANY-ANY help is appreciated. I am in Winston Salem, NC.

Thank You

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Bullsheet, If the engine caught fire, and you were able to put it out with a household fire ext. the motor does not need rebuilt. Replace all the wires hoses, fix the problem the started the fire, and be on your way. If the motor got so hot that the aluminum intake melted, then scrap it. but youre car probably would'nt have survived either though. Post pics!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I am thinking 88hybrid but the fire melted alot of **** under the hood and yes a 2 gallon pressurized fire ext. will do it. Apparently the car cut off and it lost all of fuel sending pressure-Thank God for that!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.