ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it was about time for me to park the zx and get something I could drive around in with my son and wife.

My mom found a 97 Maxima for $2100 and told me it was paid for, just had to go pick it up.

V-6
5 speed

Needs some work, but nothing mechanicle. I'm leaveing this short (im at work) but I will have pictures up asap.

Now what to do with the zx......

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sounds cool. Look forward to seeing the car.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I love my 1991 Nissan Maxima SE 5-speed. The car is perfect.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2 things.

1. I ment to get pictures but I will be replacing the aftermarket 16's it has (same size as stock) for OEM 350z 17's. I test fitted and played with some tire fitments, so I should have them on and done tomorrow. (I love my job)

2. How do I tell what model I have? it was advertized as a GXE, but it came with 16's and the white gage cluster, like an SE. The guy also said it might be a GLE, but those were only auto.

Anyways, pictures tomorrow. (ill get some pics of the 16's incase anyone wants to buy them... useless to me)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would assume it's an SE then.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Does it have fog lights and a spoiler? If so it is probably an SE. Im pretty sure they 5 speed came in the gxe and se only. I had a 99 gxe and it had the 5 speed. No white face gauages, spoiler or fog lights fwiw. It also came with 15" steelies that were replaced fairly quickly. If I was going to build another one, I would keep the catback quiet and go with the y pipe. I went with a very free flowing and somewhat loud catback and y pipe. It sounded a little loud for my taste and most of the horsepower gain was in the y pipe(which is probably the best bang for your buck mod on that car).

·
Registered
175 Posts
I always though that was weird to offer a stick in the GXE, I'm pretty sure the GXE's didn't come stick in the 89-94 model years, I just wonder why they changed it.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Most likely the previous owner put on a set of 16's.

SE Like others have said. 16" 5spoke aluminum wheels, black door mouldings, body colored door handles, white face gauges, fog lights, rear spoiler.

GXE or GLE can look identicle, they have chrome door handles, chrome door mouldings, 15" wheels.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.