·
Registered
4,324 Posts
no, go with exedy

Post Edited (Oct 11, 6:03pm)

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
The only problem I have with the centerforce is the weight. They are heavy. Also I've only used the dual friction and they work good, heard bad things about the "stage 1" units. The exedy's are suposed to be good, no personal experience though.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
i have a centerforce 1 in my 240z, its a brand new broken in clutch and its slipping now, but i have a high comp motor. It should handle my hp but it sux so it doesnt. I have heard its basically a stock clutch with stronger springs.

My buddy has an exedy and it grips good. centerforce dual frictions are the ones to get, but they are pricey

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which version of the Exedy should I use on my 77 280 Z stock engine...? The Single Plate Organic Clutch Kit?

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
jeez stonehenge that was an awesome deal.....I just ordered one; I was gonna get an autozone cheapie for only 10 bucks less......

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
what are you using on your stroker engine? nevermind, seen it on your site

Post Edited (Oct 11, 8:09pm)

·
Registered
218 Posts
I drove my oem exeddy clutch for about 200mi before having the engine at 2000rpm and coming off the clutch while increaseing throttle as fast as possible to keep the engine truning 2000rpm (obviously untill i got off the clutch) and the disc warped. After droping the trans again i measured the runout on the disc to be .020 ( i measured closer to the center than my factory service manual specifies) ( i believe i was 3 in away from the center when i measured the runout).

I put another oem disc in took it easy for a bit longer ~500mi ended up warping that one too. This time it only warped bad enough to cause chatter. The chatter would temporaly clear up and then come back if i launched sort of hard or was stuck in stop and go traffic.

I have to finish putting my car back together but iam trying a CenterForce stage II clutch. I almost went with the dual friction but decided i reall dont need that much clutch.

Stage II is rated for 60% more power, Dual fric is rated for 100% more power.

Iam going to be doing good if i can make 180 out of my N/A 280z
chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.