ZCar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A year ago August, in the middle of a new (2nd) home purchase, I needed to drum up some more cash and decided something needed to go. My garage is never empty, so after debating, I decided that my 91 300ZX 2+2 NA was for sale. Before the people left my driveway, I was already regretting the sale. So within 6 months I was looking again, and the last 3 months very seriously looking for a replacement Z car.

Requirements where... Red - 2+2 (have kids) - 5speed - lower miles (up to 100k) - black leather - ttop - great shape.

After settling on a 95 in Columbus area, that matched in almost every way (Darker Red and 103k), but when I called to attempt to make a deal (car listed at $6995, and I probably would have spent 6500 on it in all honestly) I was told the car was at a shop getting some work done. Apparently it died on a test drive, which probably wasn't anything major, but it delayed the process... That night, after almost making a buying decision, I found a 94 Red (the red i wanted), 2+2, 5 speed, black leather, with 110k on ebay... Auction price was at 4000.00 and 2 day's left. Seller had car listed outside of ebay, so a quick google search and I found a local listing for $5500 (which I couldn't believe)...

After settling on $5000 cash and meeting half way (3hr drive for both of us), we struck a deal...

I feel like i robbed the guy honestly...

Was told car had a faulty fuel injector, and because this is fairly common and the guy was driving it 3 hours to meet me, I went ahead and took the car. After bench testing it, it turned out #2, and #4 injectors where dead... Quick injector replacement, and car purs like new!!!

So... The details are...

1994 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 NA 5 Speed - 110k
Red (new paint job - factory red) -
Interior has been redone, replaced suede with red vinyl (classy job, not a hack job and no paint)
Black Leather - seats covered with new leather covers and red stitching...
Intake - Stainless Exhaust
Front and Rear strut bars
Alpine stereo including 10" sub and amp in hatch that are custom box built in.
99 Front/Rear bumpers
99 tail lights
93 TT spoiler
Blacked out top (see pictures)
.8 lowering springs with camber correcting plates
drilled/slotted rotors all 4 corners
new tires (on black factory wheels) - will be replacing with 18"/19" combo.
Viper Alarm with keyless
1pc driveshaft
subframe collars
short throw shifter
shaved rock guard, rear wiper, washer nozzles, antenna, front license hanger.

I'm probably missing something. But I felt real good about the buy with a photo album documenting everything that was done with step by step photo's... A bunch of money was spent on this thing!!!

Well, here are some photos.

I'll take a interior photo, but here's what they did...

Trunk area

All in all, I'm very happy... This is the 3rd Z I've owned... I don't think I'll let this one go.

I plan to add some wheels soon. I wasn't wild about the .8 lowering springs, but do remember the last Z had 18's and 245's which raised the car a tad. I'm thinking once I add the rims again, the car will sit close to stock height and I'll be happy.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took a couple pics of the inside of the car... Tried to get the seats, and boot stitching which matches througout.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Nice customizing-didn't go too far. Enjoy.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RobertA said:
Nice customizing-didn't go too far. Enjoy.
When i saw the red on the ebay photo I was scared to death it was gonna be painted!!! But yes, I think all the modifications where very classy, without ruining the appeal of the car.

Thanks guy's, I definitely drove away feeling like i got a incredible deal! Seeing as I sold my 91 (auto, cloth) for $5100 last year with more miles (it did have nice rims though).

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
Great looking car. And that is actually a pretty nice interior kit. I forgot who made it but I think they went out of business its been a long time since ive seen one.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cville300zx said:
Great looking car. And that is actually a pretty nice interior kit. I forgot who made it but I think they went out of business its been a long time since ive seen one.
If your talking about the red, I'm fairly certain it wasn't a kit. I have a photo album full of pictures of step by step showing them stripping the material, cutting, and replacing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts