ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an `88 300ZX Turbo. Its white, t-tops, tan leather interior. Just bought it from my best friends car lot. The turbo was seized in it before so my buddy bought a turbo for it. My car is an automatic. He bought this the whole turbomanifold, turns out that the oil fitting was wrong and the oil return line was different. i had to buy as new fitting and customize a new oil return. I bought a 3" downpipe from certified muffler, and a 3" electric cutout from QTP. The car screams. Ordered a borla XS muffler, putting that and bending up my exhuast in a week. Then bought a 6" K&N Air Filter and bending up my own tubing for and intake. from there getting a boost controller, air/fuel ratio gage,boost gage, and turbo timer, might turn boost up to 10 and run at OC dragway in about 2 weeks or so see how she does.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
how about doing the timing belt job before you drop all that money into it for all that non sence that you just wrote, once you're sure your engine is in good shape then you can go ahead a soop it up

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
yeah timing belt was the first thing i was saving up for but my waterpump went kaput before I could schedule a trip to the shop. just goes to show yuou gotta be prepared.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.