ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the worst luck in purchasing an ECU for my '76 Datsun 280Z with manual transmission. Apparently everybody thinks that the one for the automatic transmission will work, but it won't! I wasn't even informed that the one I was getting was for the automatice trans, and I specifically told each of the 3 places that I bought an ECU that it was for a manual trans 280Z. If you have, or know of someone who has an ECU for a manual trans '76 280Z, please email me at "[email protected]" Thank you for your help.

Craig

·
Registered
968 Posts
Craig, Try a guy named Ron outside of Pittsburgh, Pa. He owns a company that specializes in Z cars called Smittybuilt racing. You can find his number in Hemings Motor News. Brian

Craig wrote:
-------------------------------
I have had the worst luck in purchasing an ECU for my '76 Datsun 280Z with manual transmission. Apparently everybody thinks that the one for the automatic transmission will work, but it won't! I wasn't even informed that the one I was getting was for the automatice trans, and I specifically told each of the 3 places that I bought an ECU that it was for a manual trans 280Z. If you have, or know of someone who has an ECU for a manual trans '76 280Z, please email me at "[email protected]" Thank you for your help.

Craig

Craig wrote:
-------------------------------

Craig

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: Needed! ECU '76 280Z !!!!MANUAL TRANS!!!!</

Craig, I live in NE PA, and, as you know, we suffer from terminal road salt that absolutely kills our Z cars. Just to be on the safe side I have obtained three extra ECU for my race car. If you would like one you can have one for my cost of $10.00 plus shipping. Give me the word and I'll send one to you. All of my ECU's are out of 100K or less cars that were running when they went into the boneyard. BTW, if any of you out there ever need any electronic Z parts, there are loads of them out here that just rotted away. Post your requests and I'll do my best to fulfill your needs!

·
Registered
117 Posts
TO KKZRACER RE. Man. Trans. ECU

KKZRACER, I am looking for a manual transmission ecu for a 78. I'm unclear as to what the differences are (besides perhaps a kickdown circuit) but I'm changing over an automatic to standard and could use the right module.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: Needed! ECU '76 280Z !!!!MANUAL TRANS!!!!</

ANSWER TO MY PROBLEM:
-----------------------------------------
1. Nissan ECU #22611-N4201 is the ECU for the 1975 and 1976 manual transmission 280Z's, and has pins #20 and #21 for the EFI Relay and cold start injector.

2. The Remanufacturer sells the #A11-600 000K as the replacement for both the #22611-N4201 (Manual Trans) and #2261A-N4212-RE (Automatic Trans), which is missing the #20 and #21 pins.

3. I have contacted the Remanufacturer and asked them to look into this error and see if they can find the manual transmission ECU #22611-N4201 (with pins #20 and #21 for the EFI Relay and cold start injector), and cross it with the correct Remanufacturer's number.

NOTE: The manual trans ECU #22611-N4201 will work on both manual trans and automatic trans 280Z's for 1975 and 1976, but the reverse is not true for the #22611-4212 automatic trans ECU!!!! So, if you're putting in an automatic trans in place of a manual, the ECU should not have to be changed :eek:) But it your putting a manual trans in place of an automatic, then you will need to replace the ECU with the manual trans ECU.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.