ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need your opinion because I have trouble making decisions. I am trying to figure out what I should do to my 50th AE. So far, I've bought new shocks and springs from Tokico, a boost controller, boost gauge, gauge pod, bushing kit, Certified Muffler 3" Cat-Back (Non of it's installed yet, most of it's not here yet either) Well I need to know what you guys think I should do? Should I restore the car, make it nice and clean and mod it a little with simple mods? or restore the car and modify the car, making it into a 350 - 400 RWHP Z or should I just make it into a fast ass Z? I would like to modify it though because I like to have power. I just wanna know what you guys think and help me decide. Please don't tell me it's up to me. I'd like YOUR opinion. By the way. I would keep the inside and outside stock.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I would make it a fast azz Z, but not 400 RWHP. I think the car would become unstreetable. Some were around 320 would be awsome.

·
Registered
667 Posts
power is awesome but how much is too much even my 81 280zx was faster than most cars that thought they were fast - those that KNEW they were fast well that was another matter.

what i am thinking that i want now is...

1. a z31- i like the looks and the ride is great
2. a z32 twin turbo motor matching trans (is it possible? and what trans)
or a z31 turbo would be cool
3. fix all bad interior stuff

for me any faster than that is a waste because my z is my daily driver and there is not much raceing to do for me that that car would not do great.

sorry for some ignorance here i am just tring to figure for the first time what i want and what i need

and what it will take to do it

and now back to the search - so much to learn

·
Registered
95 Posts
Buy a second Z. Have one fully restored and mod the other one as much as you want to. Since the cars are fairly cheap, you could do that. I own two 84 z31, and I try to keep them as stock as possible. Latter I will puchase a z32 TT as my speed demon.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't afford another Z. I allready have 2 cars. A summer car and a winter car. I live in NH so I need a winter car and summer car. My insurance isn't cheap as it is so I don't need another car.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
I would restore the car, but mod it too so it looks stock but is a fast azzz.. Z

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nissan300zxz32 - When you say mod it. Do you mean mod it a little bit with simple mods? Or mod it so I reach high HP numbers?

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
I think i'd personally do along the lines of IC, intake, full exhaust from turbo back, boost controller, JWT computer upgrade, short shifter, maybe go for a performance clutch, and if you want, step it up with some bigger turbos. You have a few of these already though. I'd do some suspension stuff too and leave exterior stock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.