ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i was looking the other week on here and seen a link that had a list of people that sold jspec engines can someone send that link please

·
Registered
161 Posts
In the Houston area.
I purchased a turbo engine from ASAP several months ago. If you purchase
a jspec engine you have to use almost everything from your old engine:intake and exhaust manifold, oil pan, FPR, motor mounts, etc... The engine I purchased came with a turbo that was in decent condition and it had the Maxima alt. IMHO, I think pulling my old engine and taking it to a reputable rebuilder would have been a better route to go.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
From what I have read here on zcar.com it would be wiser/cheaper/easier to have your engine rebuilt if it is an option.

Someone here on the forums recently purchased a jspec engine and was having a *great* deal of trouble installating and making it compatbile. I don't remember all of the details however.

·
Registered
161 Posts
That person was probably me, it's almost like the Maxima engine swap that's posted at Z31.com. If I had to do it over again, I would definitely try to find a good rebuilder.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why does everyone say dont do it i got my friend that is a mechanic going to do the swap. if u have the link to the list can u send it please

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.