ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ill sum up the problem again because i still have not gotten it fixed - and im looking for what to try next

car is horrible to start when cold i have to have my foot on the gas or it will die then one it reaches op temp it has a horrible idel it idels between 5 and 9 it normally stays right at 7 or 8 but you can just here a horible miss i guess is what to call it in the exhuast plus it smeels like exhaust (when at op temp and gas when cold)
it performs perfect in higher rpm and accels just fine but just has the really crappy idel and wonte start cold
this is with the AAC disconected when the AAC is connected it idels high at like 13 - 14

i have - new cap rotor plugs wires air filter fuel filter and i only run 91
checked for spark replaced maf and AAC (AAC still disconected still idels high with aac connected) didnt find any vac leaks - i have also disconected the o2 sensor
boost gauge reads about 28 vac or so now at idel - its all stock
check codes nothing related

whats the next thing to do because a couple of guys said it was my MAF well thats not it so whats next?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: need to know what to try next w/ my no cold start - crappy i

nurr nurr my problem seems a bit different nurr nurr learn how to read

i dont have an early NA and my problem occurs if its cold or at op temp not just at starting cold - now if you belive it is the CHTS the just say so

i have had this problem for about a week week and a half and have posted many times a simular question befor that post and have beed working my way through suggestions and well it hasent been solved yet so im looking for the next suggest

Post Edited (Sep 15, 4:55am)

·
Registered
793 Posts

Have you tested your FPR (fuel Pressure Regulator) ??
That could be bad and that might be why you smell gas at start up

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

ill chcek it out and if its not the fpr - i guess ill go to the chts next unless someone has a better idea

·
Registered
793 Posts

Oh yeah if you haven't done those two then try those first see if that works! Let us know what happenes!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

wtf $72 for an fpr gay!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.