ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a schneider cam with 230/240 degrees of duration and .460/.460 lift. The cam card calls for .008/.010" lash intake/exhaust. I have it set to .007/.009" lash. I need to know what thickness lash pads I need to install, or how to determine which ones to install. Thanks for the help.

· Registered
4,034 Posts
Re: Need to get thicker lash pads...how much thick

I think you are talking about the valve and cam clearance, which is just tappet. Lash pads are like from .090 to .250. Anyway, stock las pads should be fine with your cam. I think.

· Registered
1,153 Posts
Re: Need to get thicker lash pads...how much thick

Some confusion here. I think the figures you are quoting are actually your valve clearance figures. Lash pads are used to change the geometry of your rockers.

Normally not needed unless you change certain things such as:

Shaving your head
Increasing or decreasing your head gasket thickness (not likely).
Using new/changing cam towers.

There are other reasons. Here is the deal. You are trying to keep the wipe contact pattern of your rocker where it meets the cam in the very center of the rocker. If your vavle is adjusted properly, and the contact point is in the middle of the rocker contact area, you are fine. If it has moved towards the front or rear of the rocker, you need to determine if a thicker or thinner lash pad will move it in the direction you want. Have a look at one of your old rockers, and you should be able to see where it contacted the cam. That is what you are trying to adjust.

You may not need new anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.