ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about a year ago i was messing with su carbs alot..and had tuning them down to a science...now i forgot one very important thing...when i turn the mixture adjustment up or down..does it make it richer up or down???..i know if you turn them up or down it makes the mixture richer or leaner..just which is which???...any help is appreciated,,,thanks jim

· Registered
685 Posts
If you are standing on your head ,turn the adjustment clock wise to lean the mixture, if you are doing a one arm pushup you turn the adjustment counter clockwise to richen the mixture. don't you hate a smart ass? I just couldent help my self. Just tighten or turn the adjuster clockwise untill the stop then back them down 2 1/4 turns and that should get you in the ball park. That is if they are in ballence first. One thing that I have learned that they dont mention in the books is to use your finger to lift the slide of one carb to disable it and then adjust the other one . If you have trouble e-mail me and I'll go through it in detail. Good luck Gary Portland Or. By the way you can get a uni-syn carb , "ballancer" at any good speed shop or parts store for about $25.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.