ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm typing this for my dad so you might have to fill in some blanks.

Is there a way to take out and replace the top bolts of the camber kit without removing the master cylinder?

Also, the OEM bolts have a steel plate between them. When you put the individual bolts back in from the camber kit, don't you lose a lot of strength by removing the steel plate?

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Ok I am at a loss...........

Camber Kit??? Master Cylinder??? I cannot see how the two are related? I am assuming its a front camber kit for a Z, am I wrong?
MaxDoc

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look at the upper link bracket. The studs that hold it on go through from the engine bay, and to get them off you have to get around the master cylinder, but it's such a tight fit it seems impossible without removing it.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
The upper link bracket bolts through the engine bay yes, but there is no need to get behind the bolts to get them off, the bolts just thread in there, thats it.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I installed this a while ago, here is what you can do. Remove two 12mm bolts that hold the master to ABS drum. Carefully pull out the master cylnder and push it to the side, towards the engine. IF you have a dremel this would be a good time to cut the bracket in half, cause this will make it easier to remove.

IF not, carefully push the bolts out from inside , they should come out underneath the cylnder at this point.
Again, be very careful with brake lines.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.