ZCar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,
A friend bought a 240Z that had a 280Z FI engine installed for racing.
The first owner, the would be racer, cut a lot of the wiring, so he could install switches that satisfied the race inspectors.
He sold the car to my friend, and moved to Mexico.
I'm trying to get the car running, but am in the dark as to which wires feed power to the computer.
As near as I can tell, the CU # A11-600 000 needs 12V to terminals 10 and 20. Are they switched, or powered at all times?
Are those the correct terminals for the 12V feed to the CU?
Is there some place on the web that has the pinout for that CU?
Thanks for any help.

JR

·
Registered
82 Posts
From the factory, the 280z had a direct wire to the pos and neg terminals for the ECM. With your car being nowhere near stock, I'm not sure how the previous owner attached the ECM to the electrical system in that car.

He goes into more detail about 11:30 in the video, but this guy is the Z whisperer. His other videos are worth watching.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Stock, the '77 280Z had NO direct battery voltage to the ECU. All power went through the overly complex EFI Relay. But, I don't know if you could find one of those these days. It's a fairly simple electrical system and the circuit diagrams are in the Factory Service Manual. Download it from xenons30.com or nicoclub.com.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Howdy all,
A friend bought a 240Z that had a 280Z FI engine installed for racing.
The first owner, the would be racer, cut a lot of the wiring, so he could install switches that satisfied the race inspectors.
He sold the car to my friend, and moved to Mexico.
I'm trying to get the car running, but am in the dark as to which wires feed power to the computer.
As near as I can tell, the CU # A11-600 000 needs 12V to terminals 10 and 20. Are they switched, or powered at all times?
Are those the correct terminals for the 12V feed to the CU?
Is there some place on the web that has the pinout for that CU?
Thanks for any help.

JR

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys, I hate to hook 12 V to the wrong terminals and fry the ECU.
I'll give it a try and see if it works with terminal 10 pos and 20 neg.

JR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts