ZCar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking photos of stock 240Z underdash photos at glovebox area where wiring harness enters passenger compartment and is dressed to firewall.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Correct area and I appreciate the pictures but I have quite the wad of stock wiring and was woundering what the stock arrangement for the 10 or so connectors looks like in a stock ride.
I can wad them up under the dash but I’m sure there’s a correct way they should lay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Correct area and I appreciate the pictures but I have quite the wad of stock wiring and was woundering what the stock arrangement for the 10 or so connectors looks like in a stock ride.
I can wad them up under the dash but I’m sure there’s a correct way they should lay.
I don't have any pictures but when I pulled the dash out if my 71 240, the wiring came out if the bulkhead, ran along the bottom of the bulkhead to the right using the factory metal tabs and up the right hand side of the footwell using the metal tabs again. The connectors were supported by the tabs but not fixed in place. You can see the tabs on crayzlair's pictures.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Looking photos of stock 240Z underdash photos at glovebox area where wiring harness enters passenger compartment and is dressed to firewall.
Depends on what details you wish to view for your needs. Nissan made 2 unique, 3 main section wiring harnesses for each year of 240Z, one for AT and one for MT models. Even though 70-71 and 72 years were near identical, none of these sections were made with connectors meant to interchange into another year. To complicate the issue Nissan made 3 different main wiring harness designs for 73 240Z models. Each of the 3 harness sections of all years had a white plastic label with inked on Nissan part numbers, which when read by a knowledgable Nissan enthusiast would ID what year any of those sections came from.

CAUTION: DO NOT attempt to clean off these labels with any cleaning product or chemical other than saliva rubbed on gently with your index finger. The aged ink is easily erased completely with chemicals.

If you post one of these pn here, especially ones on the dash harness, you stand a better chance of getting a photo from someone targeted at your year of 240Z and questions you may be hoping to answer with such a photo. Note: All 240Z dash harnesses had 2 main connector ends that plugged into the harnesses junction block area under the glove box. Each had a pn and differed by only one numeral digit.

Years ago I photo documented all of these harnesses as I parted out 70-78 models, but unfortunately, having literally taken 100s of thousands of such photos since first starting my Z PARTS business in 1986 I can no longer locate most of them on demand without spending many hours searching, which I can no longer afford to do these days.

Hope that help a bit. Good luck.

Eric Neyerlin - owner of ZPARTS.COM

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here's a link that will be helpful. I updated the wiring on my early '71 and used this Datsun Wiring Field Suplement

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I’m just looking at the wiring harness coming through the firewall into the passenger compartment and was hoping there was more to camouflage the harness as it snakes up into the less conspicuous areas of the dash.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Are you missing the trim piece that goes under the dash? Just seems with the trim piece in place you almost have to stand on your head to see under there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there a trim piece that goes under the dash?
I would like to get my hands on that.
Is there also one for the drivers side?
Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Now that you ask, I'm not sure about the 240's. My 240 doesn't have an interior! I do know that my '76 280 has one on the passenger side.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I might take the steering wheel 2 piece plastic cover off and reroute those harness to the opposite side of the steering cover.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts