ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm looking at a future turbo upgrade when I eventually turbo my NA. The turbo I'm looking at is a gt30r 76.2mm 56 trim .60 a/r. What kind of spool-up could I expect to see (like when can I expect to hit full boost) on 9.0 NA compression? Also, what kind of power is a reasonable estimate on RWHP with this turbo and at what PSI? I will definitely have custome tuned fuel and timing maps with larget injectors (also studying ROM tuning stuff) as well as an intercooler. I plan on rebuilding the engine, replacing all seals, rings, gasgets, sensors. New performance turbo cams, port and polish intake, cold-air intake, 3" turbo-back exhaust with test pipe and hi-flow muffler.

Also, what kind or 1/4 times could I expect to see with these mods?
Other turbos that might be better-applied to my setup?...I'm looking for around 400hp.

The other turbo's I looked at and considered are the t3/t04e-57 and t3/t04e-s60.

Yes, I have the airflow charts, have read the pages on how to use them, and have done some research. I just wanted to hear from other people who have been down this road and know from their experience what to expect.

Thanks a bunch!
Brian

·
Registered
782 Posts
The gt30 would probably have alot of lag but would make alot of power. On my car im running a t3/t4 with a 3"inch compressor inlet and 2 3/8 stage 3 turbine wheel with a aluminum ball bearing center section. Spools really nice and can make about 400rwhp pretty easy.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I am going to go with a T3/T4 60trim Or you could go all out and do a T4 like Hybrid ;D

Post Edited (Aug 21, 5:21pm)

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Gt Series turbos,.... They are in a relm of thier own. They actually spool pretty quick. Youre question, to open ended. There are many factors to consider. How fast a particular setup spools depends on MANY things.

Post Edited (Aug 22, 6:34pm)

·
Registered
248 Posts
why do people always ask why they don't throw in turbo pistons...you have clearly never driven a turbo'd n/a..it is like a whole different world..much quicker spool time, no lag, with an intercooler you can run a ton of boost too...noone can answer your quarter mile time by the type of turbo you have, HP somewhat, but 2 people with identical setups can vary by 2 seconds

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I realize that this is very open-ended. All I'm looking for is a general idea on what seems like a reasonable estimate that will maintain decent reliability on 93-octane gas. I'd like to have around 400hp or so out of this setup, and I'd just like to know if this is possible with the setup I am looking at, no more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.