ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, i am selling my 1980 10th anniversary edition 280ZX. many here know me and this car. excellent condition inside and out. original 85K miles. original excellent paint and perfect mechanical condition. any ideas what a fair market price might be ?? i have been out of the car world for enough years that i have lost touch with where to start a fair asking price. thanks for the time guys.ill check back in soon

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
I was thinking 6 to 12 grand i bought a well used one for 1100.00.

"If it's in really good condition, you're looking at anywhere between $8,000 and $13,000, depending upon just how good a condition it's in." Of course, several of the people Thurston's registry have kept their Anniversary ZXs in decidedly above average condition, and want a correspondingly above average price for them."
http://zhome.com/History/10thAE/SPORTZARTICLE.html

Look here http://www.usedcarsfsbo.com/asp/UsedCarsPrices.asp?SubmitFlag=1&Year=1980&Make=Datsun&Model=Z-Series

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
huge help. thank you very much. this one is most definetly in the 8 to 10 range from all i read and saw that you posted. again, thank you. someone will love owning this ride. i know i have

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
And you just bought this car right, like a year ago?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 years now i am guessing. it just sets and i have too many. time for a garage spot to open for my new nissan and have some one enjoy a true classic other than me....lol

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Its really too bad. IMHO it would be worth a alot more if Nissan hadn't yet again dropped the ball on performance. If they would have went the route of doubling the HP & upgrading to a performance suspension first instead of cheap bling bling it might have been a truly sought after classic. Why oh why do the common car manufacturers insist on producing special edition sports models with only the bling as the general difference. Bad Nissan.

·
Registered
362 Posts
jaket2K9 said:
Reminds me of the pawn stars episode eth that guy who repainted a near dead AE. What did he want 26K?
Actually I think it was even more than that. And they were still willing to offer him 4 grand for that piece of junk. Makes me wish I would have brought some of my older Z's in there to sell them, seeing as how he was willing to pay top dollar for even sub-standard condition Z's.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
What new Nissan did you get?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the help guys. i listed the car on e bay for a buy it now of $10K and it sold in two days for full asking price.
he got a great car for that money.

ohhh and skittle...i bought a new frontier 4 door truck. too many projects going on and had to have a truck. these 2 seaters are fantastic cars but at some point 4 doors and a bed come into play.

thanks again guys

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
having a back seat is a mistake cause thats where mistakes happen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.