ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need opinion on tires.

381 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jeffp 
#1 ·
I am looking at a set of BF Goodrich radials 225/50/15 for the rears 8.3" tread width 205/50/15 for the front 7.1" tread width.
or a set of Dunlop 245/50zr15 fro the rear. 9.1" tread width and 205/55zr15 for the front 8.1" tread width.
I want to race this car and dont want to have to change out the wheels and tires every time I race.
so what do you think? I will be running on a set of convo pro's 7.5's front and 8.5's for rear wheels. I have also considered getting a set of 7.5's fro the rear also.
Either way the wheels alone just cost me 775.00 from Stillen so I really dont feel like wasting that kind of money.

#3 ·
Hi Sam, it is not the cost so much that I am thinking about, but the tire themselves.
I am not sure whichof the two tires, T/A or the Dunlop is the better tire to buy. The T/A tire maximum recommended width on the wheel is 8" and not 8.5", but the Dunlop tire can take up to a 9.5" wheel.
I am concerned with the compound of the tires for a race application. I do know I can get M/T drag radials that will take the 8.5" wheel so I am leaning towards the Dunlop tire with the 8.5" wheel, but I dont want to just blow 190.00 per wheel to find out they will not do what I want them to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.