ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm going to get some new tires for my car , does anyone have any recommadations for a 280ZX ones that is good and a pretty low price?
thanks
soul

·
Registered
195 Posts
> i'm going to get some new tires for my car ,
> does anyone have any recommadations for a
> 280ZX ones that is good and a pretty low
> price?
> thanks
> soul

Well, tires are one of those You get what you pay for items.

I've got a set of BF Goodrich Comp T/A's, that I like. You can usually find the HR4 version for under $80 a tire. Low to mild noise levels.

I had a set of Yokoham's that I LOVED! Great for warm and mild weather, but lousy on the damp or wet roads. Any rain at all, and the tires get WHACKY! They were much less predictable than my current BFG's. But, since i take it easy in bad weather, the added traction of the tires in good conditions, made it worth it. Speaking of worth it, the tires area bout $130 apiece. Noise levels were louder than BFG's. The tires felt great on the highway. Burnout's looked awsome! the tires had lateral tread patterns, so the marks on the ground were solid rubber. Boy did they smoke. Unfortunatly burnouts also eat tires, so i had to get new ones, and could not afford the Yok's at the time. My next set of tires will be the Yokohama Nexus, NO MATTER WHAT!

Chris Behney
Redline Autosports

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.