ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my starter started to make noise so i took it out and took it to autozone and tested it and it was fine so i put it back in my Z and hooked it up the same way i took it out and just to make sure i looked ina haynes auto manual and all the sudden when i go to start it it just clicks and the fusible link for the starter starts smoking but there was no touching between any positive and negative lines. can anyone help me out??????

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
How about the wires to the Starter Solenoid? I'd check all three of those. Maybe they got frayed at some point during removal/reinstallation and are touching some bare frame, or each other.

Post Edited (Jul 16, 8:58pm)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and now that i burt out my fusible link where do i get a new one i cant find any in any junkyards and no autoparts store has one?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
hopefully someone will post soon, or you can go to your local Nissan Dealership and maybe they can get you one.

If you have no luck here, wander over to z31.com and post up a classified ad. Just be careful of the message board. ;)

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
You can make a home made one. All a fusible link is, is a wire...let me say that again a THICK wire with connections on each end. Nothing special. If you make a temp fusible like make sure you make it from thick wire. Other wise it will be to much power for a little wire and it will fry again. It should only be a temp fix intill you go to the junk yard or nissan to get a new one.

I went to the junk yard and pulled tons of them from all sorts of different Nissans. You can get them from other Nissans not just a Z31. Something to keep in mind.

Post Edited (Jul 16, 11:07pm)

·
Registered
364 Posts
You can buy fusible link wire from most auto parts stores. And it IS different than regular wire. It will problably be a pain in the ass to though, because *I think* you have to take the fusible link box apart. Later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.