ZCar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here and I came found this site to try to get help on some issues with my z32. I do not know very much about cars so some of these things will probably be easy to diagnose (I hope).

First issue is the car emits a loud squeaking noise when it starts up and maybe after 10-15 seconds it while go away (I think its the belt??).

Another problem is that sometimes while I'm driving the car will cut off and I have to put it in neutral so I can start it back up.

My last issue only happened once, but I had my foot slightly down on the gas pedal and the car wouldn't accelerate smoothly. It sort of jerked a few times as if I was fluttering my foot on and off the pedal.

This vehicle had been sitting in a garage for about 3 years and was not driven during that time. As of now I am driving the car a few miles everyday just to use up the old gas.

·
Super Moderator
1983 280ZX Turbo
1,408 Posts
If you have three year old gas, how much is there? If it were half full or less, I'd dump a bottle or two of Techron in the tank and fill it with new premium gas. What's in there should be drivable, but it's far from optimal.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I don't think Techron will help 3 YO gas. I'd dump out he gas as its probably gummed out and can clog the injectors and NOT run right. Probably your stumbling and cut out issue.
Get ALL the fluids changed out and clean all the electrical connectors. The squeaking sound on start up is a loose belt. I'm surprise it even started with the old gas.

·
Super Moderator
1983 280ZX Turbo
1,408 Posts
My thought is that 3 year old gas is pretty poor, but not bad enough to gum up injectors.

And there is the challenge of getting rid of old gas. Some hazardous waste sites will accept it.

·
Registered
10,808 Posts
Yes belts.

Run the codes. Search how to do it. It is here. First thing you should do.

Check your fuel filter or just replace it. Pending how much gas is in the car just fill it up with new gas and re-evaluate. Also, could never hurt to replace air filters and spark plugs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts