ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought kenwood casette player and need help installing it. I cut the console to make it fit. it has a flip down face. I need help securing it. It has a metal sleeve that needs to be secutred to something. Its a single din style. Can anyone help? please

thanks
matt

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a detachable face kenwood. To install it, I fabricated a metal plate with a dremel tool. It looks sort of like this:

--------------------

/ |---------------|

/ | |

/ |---------------|

|x_______________________x|

with the x's overlaying the mounting holes for the heater/radio panel. Mount the stereo box frame in the hole on the plate that you made and mount this over the other panel. (Paint it satin black, of course) use the mounting strap that comes with the radio to secure it in the rear.

Hope you like the artwork and hope it helps,
Mike Golding

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
using the stock face plate you could go out and for 20 bucks get a install kit that has a medium sized surround and just cut some little holes with a drill and some other and screw it in the back and then with this metal piece that holds the unit in you could easly just slid the unit in and then with some work slid it out so you can later adjust or what ever. I did this in my 280zx but i made a whole new piece out of wood couse im stupid i guess. ill get some good pictures and post them on my page with the How to Install a Stereo in your Z Car.

thanks

come.to/izcar

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your page shutting down?

Just went to your page and it said no more updates, are you shutting down, or putting stereo info there?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: your page shutting down?

> Just went to your page and it said no more
> updates, are you shutting down, or putting
> stereo info there?

ill be adding the stereo stuff when i finish wrighting the doc. i will explan everything that i know how to do with stereos from beginners to advanced. im trying to get more info from other people that have done stereos in there z's. ive installed stereos for about a year and a half i had one ita 84 honda prelude a 80 t-bird my z and some small head unit installs in friends cars. because im still a minor i cant get a job installing stereos so i just work on my own car. i will also add a whole section about just my stereo and what all i have done. today i did alot more work so it gets bigger and more difficult. check in a few weeks and it will probably be up and ill also post something here....

will
come.to/izcar

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.