ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got everything to work with the Zem but I have some mechanical problems if you could help. The car idles going from 700 to 1250 up and down at 45 pis fuel pressure. When I give it throttle the car goes to 60psi fuel pressure and wants to die but when I give it throttle real slowly the car drops alittle fuel pressure but it increase rev. Right now the car wont start at all and seems as if it is flooded. Any ideas. Also I am flashing code 12 on the ecu and I know the MAF is ok.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have two MAF and it is acting the same with both. Is there a way I can double check the connector? I was thinking I might have a huge boost leak. I just dropped the motor in.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
If you have a code 12, then it's either the MAF sensor, connectors or harness. Injectors will not throw a code 12 for any reason.

Have you had the ECU out? Try removing the ECU connector and checking for corrosion there as well. Make sure you press the ECU connector all the way down when you plug it back in. Some times the connector will bow and not make contact with all the pins. Tighten the center screw and just push down hard on both ends of the connector to verify that it's seated properly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cleared the codes but car still idles like crap and wont rev at all. The injectors are brand new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.