ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as some of you know i have an 85 n/a with a broken head bolt...

Well im stuck trying to get the cam out. Any certain tricks? Any thing i could have overlooked? In the FSM it just shows it sliding out....

·
Registered
782 Posts
Is the broken headbolt causing the headgasket not to seal??

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks red October......

And 300......I believe so, but i bought the car in this condition, and he had already removed a ton of timing equipment, all that was pretty much left for me was the valve cover and lower....I have even yet to hear this engine run....So im digging around in the dark until i get it apart, and then back together......

On the bright side...I may be able to get a new engine at cost here in the next few weeks, so i may remove this engine and park it on a stand if the deal goes threw......

·
Registered
782 Posts
Im trying to figure out someone broke a headbolt, I have mine torqued to 85 ftlbs and they would probably take some more.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, i'll tell you what he told me....

"I was driving around heard a rattling on the driver's side......took off the valve cover and the top of the head bolt was rattling around inside....."

And now i've finally had the time to play with it, and hopefully it will be on the road before janurary..My orginal intent was to convert to something other than that 3.0....Then i realized how much work that was.....Now im just going to be happy to get it out of the garage.........

Although seeing Z-addicts conversion on his Z31 may have me searching for something similar

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.