ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i just got the new lash pads for my camshaft setup, but the don't fit right. The old ones have the hole in the bottom where the valve head fits in them. The new ones are flat. I ordered them from the nissan motorsports site. Anyways, what do i need to do to make them work. With the adjuster all the way down the rocker arm is still under a little bit of pressure. This is an e31 head. The adjusters have the thick nuts that lock them in place. I got the .25 lash pad set. I have a 555lift 300deg. duration cam shaft. they recomended the slightly thicker one for a 560-580 camshaft so these should have worked just fine. So whats the deal

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i had oversize valves put in, do you think that could have changed the height needed for the lash pads? What should i do? How do i know what size i need then is there a way to figure out the proper size?

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
I think so. I had my valve seats reseated and my rockerarms are eral tight fit. It doesn't get correct wipe pattern. Only know way that i know how to find thr right lash pads is to trail and error. I know that it's okay to have shorter lash pads because it'll cause your rockerarms to tilt forward and that'll give you more lift. L4 580" racing cam from nissan motorsports uses .280 lash pads. you got .250 so try about .200 lash pads.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Either style pad is fine. The measurement that decides the lash pad thickness is from the deep part of the recess on the side that contacts the valve tip to the side that contacts the rocker arm. On the style with no recess just measure from both flat sides.

Your other situation is a different matter. It sounds like your valve are too long and or your lash pads too thick. This should be determined by your rocker arm wipe pattern.

Unless you have extensive modifications done to the engine ( HEAD PORTING,
10.5 COMPRESSION OR HIGHER, HEADERS AND FREE FLOWING EXHAUST,
INCREASED CFM INTAKE ETC.) that camshaft has way too much duration. If you plan to run it on the street even with the required engine mods to match the camshaft and 4.56 gears it will still be very hard to drive with very little low end torque or throttle response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.