ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

I have a question for someone, I just put an automatic trans in my 78 280Z. I just recently put the ZX turbo engine in the car and beefed up my 5 speed with the turbo flywheel, clutch etc. Any way I switched back to the automatic trans cause I wanted to see what kind of launches I can get with the automatic, so I got the auto in and the drive shaft for my 78 doesnt fit the 81 turbo automatic trans. I figured it wouldnt fit but what is the easiest setup for putting a driveshaft in my car. I was thinking about changing the transmission side of the stock 78' driveshaft to a turbo ZX one, but I didnt know what the cost of that would be seeings how the u-joints are not replaceable. I didnt think there was a ZX turbo driveshaft that would bolt directly into my car cause the differential side was a little different in the bolt patterns than the stock R200 in my 78'. Anyway Im not sure what the cheapest better way really is, so any help I would greatly appreciate, the car is up on stands right now so the swap of the ZX rearend and axle swap wouldnt be that hard to do, cause if I did that than all that I would have to do is get a ZXT drive shaft cut to fit my car right? But enough of me rambling any tips or ideas will really help me. Thanks everyone
Nick

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.