ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, cash has been pretty short for me lately, so ive moved back my v-8 swap by a year or two... now i want to make this little 6 put out some power, get a pintjob and put some bigger brakes and better rear-end. basically build up the car first...

Anyways, i was wondering what kind of cylinder head i should look for... i hear that the 84 maxima is a good choice.

I have a 77 280Z, and i have access to a set of 81 ZX flattop pistons. i would like to do a rebuild on the engine with the flat top pistons... what CR will this afford me with a maxima head?

Also, what kind of toyota should i look for to snag rear disc brakes for my car? there wont be any real cmplications with that right? i dont want to have to do MAJOR work ( IE welding or fabrication).

I plan on having whatever head i grab rebuilt and well ported and polished for performance.

And last, but definetly not least, what header do you guys reccomend? i may redo the exaust if i have extrea cash...
thanks...

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Why rebuild the six only to trash it later for a V-8???...if you want the power NOW
why not bite the bullet & put the chevy in so you can enjoy real performance???

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.