ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe that I have selected the proper turbo from the compressor map . This is not a problem I have dealt with pump maps before . I have choosen the T04B-46mm trim from turbonetics it seems to be the best all around comprimise for my 15-17 psig with a starion intercooler . Now my next question is how to select the A/R ratio, I know it is cross-sectional area of impeller to radius . If you vary this ratio won't this vary how the compressor map looks.

·
Registered
529 Posts
By varying the A/R ratio of the turbine housing, you are controlling the speed of the turbo. This has no effect on the compressor's map. This only relates to the compressor's speed, and, ultimately, boost. The higher the number, the slower the turbo will run. A good A/R for the L6 is .63. If you are using a big turbo, like it sounds like you are, you may try a .82. I am assuming you are building a T3/T4 hybrid. My best advice to you would be to call Turbonetics when you are ready to order the turbo, and let the tech there recomend a turbo/A/R ratio for your needs. Also, tell them your plans/ driving style w/the car and they can recomend an entire turbo for you. All you have to do is tell them how much power you want to make at a certain boost level...

Good Luck!!!

Ian

> I believe that I have selected the proper
> turbo from the compressor map . This is not
> a problem I have dealt with pump maps before
> . I have choosen the T04B-46mm trim from
> turbonetics it seems to be the best all
> around comprimise for my 15-17 psig with a
> starion intercooler . Now my next question
> is how to select the A/R ratio, I know it is
> cross-sectional area of impeller to radius .
> If you vary this ratio won't this vary how
> the compressor map looks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.