ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,I'm currently rebuilding A P/79 head and need cam tower shims.Can anyone help?New or used would be fine.Summer is coming up pretty fast and progress is very slow.Any info would help.
THANKS

·
Registered
625 Posts
I got mine from GOODSON in Winona,MN.1-800-533-8010 or 507-452-1830.They come in a package with one .015 shim for each tower.If you shave your head .060 you will need 4 packages.The price is 9.99 a package and the part number is DHS-60. Later ,norm

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
> I got mine from GOODSON in
> Winona,MN.1-800-533-8010 or
> 507-452-1830.They come in a package with one
> .015 shim for each tower.If you shave your
> head .060 you will need 4 packages.The price
> is 9.99 a package and the part number is
> DHS-60. Later ,norm
Thanks for the great advice I will definately order some monday morning.good price too.
How much did you shave your head?Which head mine is a p79.Did you have a problem with your wipe pattern on the lash pads?I would like to shave at least 30 thousandths or more.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I have an N42 head. I shaved
mine .070 and installed the
thickest lash pad that would fit in the stock valve retainer.I
believe it is .170 but it might
be a .180 lash pad,I can't
remember.If you shave your head a different amount than mine or use a cam with more valve lift than .460 you will have to use a different size lash pad. The MAX you can safely shave a datsun Z head is .100 The rocker arm wipe pattern is
slighty off center towards the
pivot point on my head ,but this is better than towards the valve.This will actually make the valve lift a lttle higher by moving it off center towards the pivot point.I have about 50,000 miles on my modified head and it still works great. Later,norm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.