ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my valve cover and plenum back on my 86t, reconnected every hose and connector, fuel pump etc.-the car started first try. Wow!!-now the fun begins. The car idles at 1,200 rpm, I tried to adjust the idle it is low as it can go so at this point I unplug the thing on the side of the plenum; then it comes down to a normal idle...WTF?! Next, it drives fines up to 2,400 rpm-this is where I normally get great boost now I get this "whoossiing" sound. Now I am getting pissed at this point. I pull over at the BP and notice that the connector between the throttle body and the inlet from the turbo has a small crack in and I hear some pressure escaping-this explains the lack of acceleration (I think). I drive to nissan to price this small ass thing and it is $48.68. Finally driving from nissan I notice the freakin oil pressure is 28-not even 30lbs. Normally it is 35 or 40. At this point I am thinking the oil pressure could be related to the pressure loss from the throttle body but what is up with the high idle, all the hoses are new and with out leaks. HELP GUY BEFORE I SELL THIS **** 300ZX TURBO- ANY SUGGESTION NEEDED AND APPRECIATED.

·
Registered
657 Posts
did you adjust the idle according to the haynes manual?........ was the engine warm when you did this? Make sure you fix the leak first then try it again..........

·
Registered
123 Posts
don't go sell your z trust me youll regret it i had an 85 n/a and some [email protected]@ch smashed it i was pissed then i got an 86 300zx turbo and you cant pay me a mill for it if your car idles at 1200 rpm's your turbo will spool up faster my z idles at 1000 rpm's and it has a little bit of turbo lagg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.