ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is what happened-I have a small bend crack in my inlet pipe fron the turbo to the throttle body. Nissan want $410 for a new one. I have tried a couple junk yards but all of the cars there are NA not Turbos. Any suggestion. FYI-if you are in your turbo and hear a swoooshing sound from under your left foot around 2,500 rpm....you may have this issue.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
where are you located? there are a TON of Z31s here in california junk yards. Im not good with tools (I dont really own many) but maybe Eastbay300ZX can help ya out if you wave some money in his face. haha.

·
Registered
657 Posts
find yourself a place that does custom intakes........... either have the whole thing made up or just the s pipe. Should be able to find someone to bend a new s pipe for less that $100........... or im sure someone on here would be willing to mail you one........ I found mine at the junkyard for $30

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am in Winton salem NC I literally live 2 miles from Wake Forest University-Any Z guys in winston? Hey if you guys can help me send me and email.

Thanks

·
Registered
880 Posts
i need one for my 88shiro.. its cracked~ the rubber piece from mass air flow to turbo.. if i dont find one soon ill make something polished..

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
seems to a be a common problem. I should check mine.

·
Registered
657 Posts
pavementpounder:

have you called the dealer about that part yet....... i know they want $65 for the one on the throttle body........... fukkin rip off.

·
Registered
880 Posts
sure havnt.. zin said like 400 from nissan.. which is insane. there is no way i will pay that for a rubber intake piece when a gt30r turbo is only a few hundred more~ ill make something i suppose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.