ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys n gals...I need to know how I should price my Z for sale, I have decided that I want to get a late model 4 Runner, I'm going to get my Z running, and in good mechanical condition before I sell, it has a ton of new parts on it, needs some interior carpet work, and there is a little rust around the edges on the body, the hatch has some rusted spots also, and there is a bad bondo job on the front right fender, that is pretty noticeable, the parts new on the car include fuel pump, fuel pressure reg, alt, starter, battery, Tires (Pirellis aqua tread lookalike on front, and Firestone Firehawk SH-30's high speed rated, high performance tires on back), Distributor, wires, plugs, ignition control module, before I sell, car will have new control unit, and air pressure regulator, car came with mag rims also..car is goldish bronze in color, I want a decent price on the car, I dont want to rip anyone off, but, I dont wanna get rooked myself, I'm not expecting to sell it for the amount of money that I have put into it, if I did, it would be almost $3000 dollars probably, the most I want to sell it for is 2000, the least is 1,200, that's what I paid for it..car has A/C, 5 speed, 2 seater...so what do yall think?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
> Hey guys n gals...I need to know how I
> should price my Z for sale, I have decided
> that I want to get a late model 4 Runner,
> I'm going to get my Z running, and in good
> mechanical condition before I sell, it has a
> ton of new parts on it, needs some interior
> carpet work, and there is a little rust
> around the edges on the body, the hatch has
> some rusted spots also, and there is a bad
> bondo job on the front right fender, that is
> pretty noticeable, the parts new on the car
> include fuel pump, fuel pressure reg, alt,
> starter, battery, Tires (Pirellis aqua tread
> lookalike on front, and Firestone Firehawk
> SH-30's high speed rated, high performance
> tires on back), Distributor, wires, plugs,
> ignition control module, before I sell, car
> will have new control unit, and air pressure
> regulator, car came with mag rims also..car
> is goldish bronze in color, I want a decent
> price on the car, I dont want to rip anyone
> off, but, I dont wanna get rooked myself,
> I'm not expecting to sell it for the amount
> of money that I have put into it, if I did,
> it would be almost $3000 dollars probably,
> the most I want to sell it for is 2000, the
> least is 1,200, that's what I paid for
> it..car has A/C, 5 speed, 2 seater...so what
> do yall think?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Re: Advice on Pricing ZX for sale...

Actually, $1,200 sounds about right in my area of California for the car you describe. I saw a 1980 ZX with a good idle and body go for $400 at an auction recently. It would have helped if you'd mentioned the year of your car.

Anyway, in my previous blundered message, you can log onto the kelly blue book site and get a pretty accurate assessment of what the car would go for in your area. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I just got a 81 280ZX with Turbo great inside and alittle rust on the out side it ran great Im working on what went wrong now but for a month
it ran great then one day,,,

andways its in good con and I paid $1000 for it I think I could of talked the guy down but it was in
really good shape and I know it was worth more
I did not want to rip him off the good kid that I am=) I would say with Turbo from $800 to $1200 I would have to see it

Good luck
I just hope you make some one else happy like all of us Z owners=)

Jeff 280ZXT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.