ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm gonna take a crack at cleaning all the electrical connections under the hood. I would REALLY APPRECIATE any advice ... and, if someone has the time, a list of the main connections to focus on. I am planning on using contact cleaner from Radio Shack -- unless there is something else that works better. Thanks for the info guys!!!
By the way, I'm trying to clear up a rough idle, and occaisional bogging down on the highway. Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Electrical connector maintenance

You will buy a lot of grief relief by performing this task. Be sure to do all the injector plugs, the temp sensor by the thermostat and the engine block temp sensor. These connectors are very brittle and are held on with a spring clip. Expect the clip's plastic keeper to break off - just replace the spring clip when you put the connector back on. To do this job right you should have a small spring hook (or hooked dental tool), a small (Xcelite) screwdriver, a burnishing blade and a pair of hemostats. When you remove the connectors, burnish the contacts and remove the green oxidization. After you have cleaned the contacts coat them with a product like Deoxit - don't use a cheap contact cleaner it's effect is only temporary. To find out more about contact refurbishing products go to http://www.caig.com. It is worthwhile to do any other connectors you can get to while your at it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.