ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was replacing the front seal today,(81zxmotor, 71z front pulley), leak was getting worse, when the pulley came off I found the key laying there out of the key hole and the slot for the key on the pulley all chewed up
I would hate to put the 81 pulley on it is huge compared to the 240, is this a dealer part you think? or am I off to the boneyards, or anyone in the bay area know where I could get one?
thanks I want to get the car back on the road

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks I have the 81 pulley still here, I would just hate to loose the couple of hp form the smaller pulley, of course I could be wasting my time with that one any opinions from anyone, Large 81 pulley vs small 240 pulley??

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: Little pulley/Big pulley

I'm sure there's a marginal difference, but not noticeable. I have the 82 2.8 in my 240, I was going to use the bigger one, but tore it all to **** coming off...You'll need the 81 crank bolt too!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>Pulley it over here.....</b>

Hi Mike,

Being that I live in the bay area too. I can tell ya I haven't seen anything at Pick N Pull (favorite bone yard). I would suggest maybe talking to All Z East... or the all Z yard in Sacramento.

As for the larger puller... your right... but I wouldn't mind. hehe.

Good Luck,
Dennis

·
Registered
650 Posts
about pullies....

recently my the lil balls in the waterpump popped out and caused the water pump to freeze up, thus causing the belt to freeze up, thus putting strain on the pully. the result....

that lil rubber seal that holds the two peices together burnt up (280z pully). the dealership doesnt sell the rubber seal, you have to buy the whole pully as one unit ($168.00). the **** "pick-your-pockets" around san francisco want $40 and up, and the pick-n-pull's out in the hayward area only wanted $5-10, but only had zx pullies in thier yards. i finally broke down and bought one for $40. i cant bare to see my poor Z sitting in the driveway none-operational. =(

neways, the point is, the next time your at the J/Y and you see your pully, you might want to grab it just to have an extra one on hand. =)

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: about pullies....</b>

I agree so much with that... and if you see it... better grab it now.. because it won't be there later.....

Dennis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.