ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinkin bout sellin my 84z and im wonderin what's a reasonable price to ask....i've looked at some of the cars in the classifieds but im wonderin what u guys think...its an 84 n/a with 124,000 miles....less than 2000 miles on t-belt, tensioner w/ stud, cam seals + crank seal w/ sprocket, new water hoses and water pump....has analogs in it but i have the functional digitals w/ new power supply...replaced dash and put in a vinyl headliner....rear window louvers...brakes on the rear...shocks all around...new clutch dampener...less than 6k miles on clutch...everything works to my knowledge except the ac and it DOESN"T blow hot air like most of them but i think ill be able to fix it where its completely right....minimal rust behind drivers side wheel well on the rear but pretty nice paint its bout 2 yrs old maroon w/ maroon interior....it has nice ttop bags and ttop covers...passenger seat is torn on the cushion but i always just put the ttop bags there ;-)...had new rack & pinion on it when i got it....i didn't buy it my grandpa gave it to me sorta as a graduation present but im lookin for somethin with a little less maintenance and better gas mileage (lookin for a wuss car)...so what u guys think i should ask? i was thinkin 2200 obo and settle for 1800-2000 but im not sure...should i ask more? is what im askin fair? thanks guys
_James_

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I would ask for 3K, put it on autotrader,local news paper, and on here. If you dont get any bites then lower it to 2500 and go from there. The car is worth only what someone is willing to pay, I know that sounds stupid but its the truth, with what all has been done in the last few years I can see it giong for 3k.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
always ask for more then you are willing to take becuase every buyer will try to haggle. that way you can agree on a price that will make both you and the buyer happy.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys....i really appreciate it...i was actually gonna ask for 3k but thought it was a lil steep but...well ill ask for 3k now and see what happens ;-)

·
Registered
724 Posts
Shoot for the stars........settle for the moon. You can ALWAYS go down but you can't go up.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hes right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.