ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
clutch in the 86 starting to slip gonna be getting exhaust and IC the pile probably run 10-14psi - just want a good clutch thats goonna hold up not some $320973209753209876 racing pile

whats a good clutch to go with that i can beat on and where is the best place to get it prve wise? - trying to stay around $350? or is that not gonna cut it - havent really done much clutch research

·
Registered
107 Posts
Re: need a clutch - aftermarket performance nothing too fancy be

+1 mine's on its way out and i'd like a replacement that holds more hp than stock and won't bend me over price wise... it seems that the clutches for the fs5r30a trannies are much more expensive than the rest... ($550 canadian for a centerforce on ebay compared to 300 for the z32 TT clutch...)

much appreciated, sorry for the semi hijack:)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts

I replaced my dying clutch with the nissan OEM clutch kit and it is doing a fine job for my application. I'm not cranking any crazy horsepower but I do punish it once in a while and it holds up fine, just as the old one did. Plus, they're cheap! I did the clutch job w/throw out bearing myself and had the flywheel resurfaced in the process - $200.

·
Registered
94 Posts

Red and Stu are probably right about an OEM being fine, but if you insist on a performance one, visit www.thespecshop.com. I can't make any specific recommendations, as I don't have any experience with aftermarket clutches, but thespecshop carries ACT clutches for our cars for under 350. I'm sure someone else can recommend which one they like best.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts

I 2nd TSS. If you're going to go for more than 400lb-ft of torque, then get the 6-puck clutch with the heavy duty pressure plate. If not, be like me and get the heavy duty street clutch. Great prices, great service. Tell Mary I sent you, heh.

·
Registered
224 Posts

I like the Exedy I installed. Stage 1. $280 about a year ago from Mach 1 Car Accessories. Good feel at the pedal, smooth engagement.

Personally why spend the money on an OEM clutch when for a few bucks more you can get something better. Yes it does have much better clamping power over stock. If memory serves its rated to 450-500hp for our cars. Sounds like plenty to me.

http://www.mach1car.com

·
Registered
107 Posts

anyone had experience with clutchmasters?? the 87-89 selection is Very limited compared to the 84-86... :( this is the one i had my eye on...

http://www.mach1car.com/Product.aspx?nav=4&p=06-042-HD00-1

should come out to just under $500 canadian... dang crappy exchange rate :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.