Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had another GTO try to run.

i'm at a light in the right lane...70 yards ahead is the entrance to the interstate.to my left pulls up a black GTO. he inches up about a fender ahead of me,so i know he's gonna try to beat me to the entrance ramp thats on the right.

i make sure i am in low (almost got beat by one of those ViperTrucks in high).light turbs green and sure enough GTO guns it.we're running neck in neck.GTO realizes that he cant beat me to the entrance,so he dives behind me as i make the right turn on the entrance ramp.i click over into high and wave goodbye to him.i click into 3rd gear and redline hits in a hurry.i click 4th and rocket up the long entrance ramp.GTO is history.i click her back into low,drop 40 MPH and cruise. GTO comes by and the driver avoids looking at me.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Fun, nice story. What year was the GTO? One of those new ones?

When you say low and high, are you just referring to moving through the gears, like 1st to 2nd and visa-versa 4th back to 3rd? Just curious, never heard of someone referring to them as low and high. Sounds more like automatic talk, but I am sure I read yours is a 5spd.

Anyhow, we should start calling your Z the "Stealth Z", for like the TT in disguise. Or may be the Ghost Z, for like the Ghost Rider. That way the GTO owner could tell his friends he got beat by the legendary Stealth Z or Ghost Z.

Which every you like best.

You always have fun little stories to read.

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
i'm pretty sure he's talkin about the pontiac. Not too many people refer to the Mitsu's at GTO' unless you're from outside the states.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Ha,

A stage XX+ beat a GTO. What a story. I wish my NA is at stage XX+

I bet you surprised so many people who know a little bit about car and thought yours is a NA and try to run you.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
yeah, i've always wanted to put a TT motor in my NA and leave it lookin like an NA. Zleeper.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
TT swap dooode

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
haha nice one B. i being a TRUE NA took down a camero on the way home from work. i dunno his specs at all, just some punk kid who shot me this look like he thought he was hot ****... then after i let him take the off the line lead i threw it into second and left him behind. while i was passing him i wish i had a camera to show the look on his face.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.