ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again, I need a measurement. I sold an NA WingZ to a fellow here in NC and he said the center unit had fitment problems. He didn't elaborate, but later I saw a pic of his car in a post by Z1 ZONLY. It looked like he drilled out the holes over the NA radiator pegs.

So here's the measurement I need...where your stock radiator brackets mount over the radiator...I need the center-to-center distance between the pegs that rise from the top of the radiator.

Here in Mayberry, the only other Z32 I have access to is a TT.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your template is for a Koyo, right? Looks like I made it on a former NA practice piece. It has NA holes with crosshairs, but I can't remember if I made those crosshairs or you did.

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't trust those crosshairs, so I need new measurements. Do you still have your NA radiator?

While we're at it...is your core support already drilled for TT-position rad brackets?

Post Edited (Jan 25, 11:20am)

·
Registered
849 Posts
Just went out to measure. Mine is 14.25"

Hope this helps.

I will bring it up to Mayberry when I come to get the hood liner, you cam measure anything else you need. (We need to schedule that hand-off).

Regards,

Glen
78 280Z
94 300ZX 2+2

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Mega,

My N/A radiator posts, measured 14 1/8th inches on center... exactly.

I do have an aftermarket, but replacement. The only difference between it and my stock unit was depth.

Hope this helps.... I'll be wanting those wings soon too.

Iodonzs

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like I'll need to make the holes in the bracket area slots so the grommets can slide...or make them custom based on 14.25 or 14.125.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Mega,

Another thought.
When I installed this new radiator, the factory brackets were really a pain to get on the radiator and get bolted down. In fact, I snapped one of the bolts as I was screwing it into the radiator support. It is a very tight fit. The post sits a little further back (towards cockpit) than original. (Thicker radiator.)

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem. I bought an after market factory replacement. But when I set the two next to each other, the new one was obvious thicker. Tight fit, but much better cooling. I haven't had my temp climb over normal regardless of how hot it is outside, a/c running, and hard driving.

Iodonzs

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When you are ready for your WingZ (or now), let me know how much further back the pegs are on your rad.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.