ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
well midpipes and downpipes are two completely different things. A downpipe goes from the turbo or header down to the catalytic converter. A midpipe simply replaces the catalytic converter with a piece of pipe. Technically the downpipe is a term usually reserved for turbo'd cars only.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Check the fiche for the part number. (twinturbo.net - go to tech - go to docs - go to fiche, exhaust/cooling) seems the part number is 20020 and 20010 for right and left for the "exhaust tubes". but check yourself.

Post Edited (Jan 20, 11:23pm)

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
DreadedZ, why don't you tel us what you're trying to accomplllish and we might be of better help. Buying an OEM exhaust pipe would probably be unneccesarily expensive. Any competent exhaust shop should be able to replace a section of pipe. Or you could get one from a junk yard. . .just a thought.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i wanted to see iff i could get a bolt in replacement with high flow cats but i think your right with the idea of going to the exhaust shop

·
Registered
262 Posts
yep go to a muffler shop and have them cut the old ones off and weld in some high-flows, that's what I did.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Another alternative is to go to someone like AMZ, stillen or Z1 and buy their 2.5" test pipes and then have a set of high flow cats welded on to them. That is one of the ideas I am considering...It is like 250 bucks for the test pipes from Z1 and I have been really happy with them since. Fitment was good and the install is a breeze, just makes sure they either send you the 2.5" exhaust gaskets or you need to buy them from your local autoparts shop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.