ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bob Hanvey's Page he discusses the N47 Maxima head which supposedly has the squished combustion camber of a P79, but with a much smaller total volume. Has anyone run this head on an L24 or L26? If so, what results, and what compression ratio can I expect if I run this head on an L26 in my 260?

·
Registered
862 Posts
The N47 is a 280Z head with the same combustion chamber shape as a N42, the only difference is the N47 has round exhaust ports with liners and the N42 has square ports without liners. The head your talking about is the P81 I believe.
> Bob Hanvey's Page he discusses the N47
> Maxima head which supposedly has the
> squished combustion camber of a
> P79, but with a much smaller total volume.
> Has anyone run this head on an L24 or L26?
> If so, what results, and what compression
> ratio can I expect if I run this head on an
> L26 in my 260?

·
Registered
362 Posts
> The N47 is a 280Z head with the same
> combustion chamber shape as a N42, the only
> difference is the N47 has round exhaust
> ports with liners and the N42 has square
> ports without liners. The head your talking
> about is the P81 I believe.

Actually, what I am refering to on my page is two different N47's. Externally, they look identical. However, the chamber is significantly smaller The squish area is not as pronounced as the P series heads, but is clearly different from the N series. The head had not been shaved, and was indeed cast as a N47. They guy who introduced it to me was in the process of building up a 280 motor that would be fairly inexpensive, yet produce good power. I have not talked to him in a while, but he planned on dyno'ing it. I don't know much about the Maxima heads, so I have no idea what the P81 is. However, the N47 Maxima itteration does exist and has been verified.
-Bob Hanvey

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
> The N47 is a 280Z head with the same
> combustion chamber shape as a N42, the only
> difference is the N47 has round exhaust
> ports with liners and the N42 has square
> ports without liners. The head your talking
> about is the P81 I believe.
I can verify from personal experience that the early 80's Maxima's had a head that is marked N47 In fact, ALL of the many early 80's Maxima's that I have seen in the U-Pull it yards have this N47 head. I have no idea what the combustion chambers look like, or what is the volume of the combustion chambers, but that is what I want to find out. What I am trying to find out is whether there is a head I can slap on my L26 without shaving, which will give me somewhere between 9 and 10.5:1 combustion ratio.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.