ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some debate I have decided to swap out heads on my 83' 280zx to see if I can increase the power, The head thats on it no is the original p79 and I am going to swap with a N47 from my 79' which is not running, I am of course going to have a full head job done with 3 angle valve cuts new seals and guides...ect. From what I understand i should be at about 9.8 to 1 comperssion ratio. My Question is roughly what kind of POWER gain will i be looking at?? and is there anything To take into consideration when doing this swap? The engine has been recently rebuilt bored out with .040 with flattops, All new injectors, fuel pressure regulator, new injector and engine sensor connectors, freeflow headers and exhaust, new fuel pump, coil, plugs, wires,........the whole works, But yet I am still insearch of more power.
What do you guys think the swap will give me???
Thanks for the input

-J-

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Probably not as much as you want. I used to have a calculator that gave est HP and torque using different combinations. Can't find it right now, but if you look, I'm sure you'll find it. I think it was called the Z engine calculator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.