ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about replacing the L26 in my 260 with a N42 and I'd like to stay with carbs. Does anyone see any major glitches with that switch?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
what is so hot about the n42

I am doing a turbo zxt swap in my 83zxn/a. I know where a n42 head is ... what would be the advantages of using the n42 head vrs the p90 head.. Thanks....

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
keep the p90

83zwigen,

use the p90, it has a better chamber design than the n42. other than that I think they are pretty much the same thing. unless you have a p90a

·
Registered
269 Posts
Re: He is refering to the block...

There will be no problems with the switch as you are only changing the block and not the ex. or intake manifolds. If you have not purchased the block yet consider a f54 block instead, it will give you more compression. Add a performance cam to your set up and you should feel the difference.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Re: He is refering to the block...

When I bought my 260Z, the original owner had blown the engine (idiot drove it without oil!). He put a new engine in it, it was an L28 with N42 head. He stuck with the 260Z carbies. They worked together fine, I think it was a direct swap with no problems (definitely no insurmountable problems). In fact the owner didn't even know it was a different engine, he thought it was identical to what was previously in there!

Since then I have put 240Z carbies on it. There were some modifications to the linkages.. but I got someone who knew what they were doing to do it.

eric

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.