ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY FELLOW Z-HEADS DEOS ANYONE KNOW HOW TO COVERT N42 TO INTERNALLY OILED CAM??? I AM GOING TO USE SCHNIDER 280 DUR. CAM I ALSO HAVE A P79 HEAD I CAN USE FOR PARTS THANKS CHRISTURBO

·
Registered
291 Posts
i may be wrong...............but i believe you can just swap the cams and then block the holes on the towers for the external oilers. Double check first :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Right- just block the cam tower holes. I've done several motors like this with no problems. If it doesn't drop oil pressure excessively, you can use the cam oiler in addition to the internally oiled cam.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Hi Chris--------------Speeder is right--you can use both the spray bar and the internally oiled cam together. In fact, this is a recognized setup for Nissan 4 cylinder race engines. The drop in pressure isn't enough to consider, and the top end oiling is a lot more efficient. Actually, the addition of an oil cooler will cause more of a drop in pressure than retaining the spray bar. FWIW

Roadman

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
If you do decide to block off the tower holes, Motorsport Auto sells the block-off plates you need.

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.