ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ok i know... this has been asked a million times. How easily can an N/A be turned into a Turbo? I first read you have to swap out the pistons to get lower compression. Now people are saying thats not true. Then i read about 88hybrid's kit he's whipping up. Ok once and for all, how easily can an N/A be turned into a Turbo?

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
MUCh easier than you think ONLY if you can find a turbo parts car, you'll need few parts that will be hard to find on ebay or classifieds, like the turbo car front cross member, you have to have that, drivers side manifold, and the right way to do it is to swap the wiring harness but you could just use the N/a one, you lose the knock sensor which in many peoples mind it's worthless for some reason! you'll need the ECU from a turbo car and it should be for the same tranny thats in your car, say you have an Auto, then you'll need to find a turbo auto tranny ECU, ofcourse you'll need the turbo, you'll need to rerout your alternator so you'll need the braket for it, you'll need the pipe that goes from the throttle body to the turbo, ofcourse you can just pull the turbo engine and simply drop it in your N/a instead of taking parts off of it, you'll just have to know how good...or bad I guess it is.

and ofcourse if you have a turbo parts car then you can swap the 4-bolt wheels with the 5-bolt wheels from the turbo car, you'll have all the parts you need right there on the parts car, you can take the spoiler off and add it to your N/A, just couple of examples of what you could swap off of the parts car.

I'm sure I'm leaving something out but thats it for the most part.

·
Registered
257 Posts
What he said. ^^^^^^^^^^^^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.