ZCar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, got a couple things I need help with. I recently picked up a Turbo 280zx 5 Speed, for better or worse, and theres this one vacuum hose I cannot figure out where it goes. Its a small line that runs from underneath the vacuum pump (I think).
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Rim Electrical wiring

And idk what it is but the car seems to run pretty smooth up until 5 minutes after it warms up where it hesitates, jitters, just overall runs really rough. Thanks for any help.

·
Administrator
1983 280ZX Turbo
2,341 Posts
Here's the view on my 83 Turbo. There's only one hose coming out the bottom of the device with all the hoses on top, and it goes to the unit on the left facing it from the top, but appearing on the right in this photo. This photo was taken from above the engine looking towards the passenger side fender, so the positions are switched vs looking at it while standing at the passenger side fender.

That may not help you much, because I believe the turbo and NA models are different.

Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Hood Motor vehicle Tire

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's the view on my 83 Turbo. There's only one hose coming out the bottom of the device with all the hoses on top, and it goes to the unit on the left facing it from the top, but appearing on the right in this photo. This photo was taken from above the engine looking towards the passenger side fender, so the positions are switched vs looking at it while standing at the passenger side fender.

That may not help you much, because I believe the turbo and NA models are different.

View attachment 111117
Thanks, I think I got it where its at now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just checked the thermostat on the 280zx, it seems like theres some sensors missing on it, two just unplugged and one that has a bolt on it. Im thinkin thats part of the reason its running bad. Theres also a white wire that turns into a green wire snapped.
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper

1 - 6 of 6 Posts